Clextral designs, builds, installs and maintains turnkey BIVIS pulp production and lines. Clextral paper pulp machines offer distinct advantages compared to conventional pulp processing: lower production costs and a reduction of effluents, pollution and water consumption. Clextral lines are also more compact and energy efficient. They produce a wide range of products, such as pulp for writing paper, cardboard and banknote paper and can process a variety of raw materials, including softwood and hardwood, textile fibers, annual plants, agricultural waste products and recycled fibers.
Clextral has been developing twin-screw BIVIS technology to manufacture paper fibers from wood and non-wood raw materials for over 30 years, in cooperation with research institutes and manufacturers. The heart of each line is its twin-screw configuration, custom-designed with intermeshing, co-rotating screws inside a barrel including liquid injection ports to achieve required specifications. The lines ensure continuous end-to-end processing, including raw material handling and cleaning, fiber defibering and mixing, chemical impregnation, compression, shearing, pressure control, heat transfer, liquid or gas injection, solid/liquid extraction and washing. A typical twin-screw line therefore includes three basic sections: wood or fiber preparation, pulping and refining.
Clextral twin-screw process features
Clextral twin-screw BIVIS paper pulp machinery offer major advantages compared to traditional systems:
- Higher pulp yield, through continuous processing
- Cost effective and environmentally-friendly manufacturing
- 10 to 15% reduction in energy consumption for fiber separation
- 10 to 30% decrease of chemicals and bleaching agents
- Reduced water consumption, from 30% up to 90% for certain pulp processes
- Compact turnkey installation, requiring less floor space and simplifying engineering requirements
- Production of specific pulps for a wide variety of applications
- Versatility in the use of wood and non-wood raw materials
- Capacity: 50 to 5,000 BDKg/h
- Motor Power: 50 to 2,000 KW
Clextral also offers its expertise and inhouse facilities to enable papermakers and research centers to develop and test new concepts and improve processing.