The Preconditioner PLUS has been designed in Clextral R&D centers and integrates key innovations that provide tangible production benefits. The Preconditioner + improves the overall process and the quality of the finished food products. It also enables to save energy and gives greater flexibility and finer control over the operating parameters, whatever the recipe.
- The key innovation is the Advanced Filling Control device (AFC). It consists in an exclusive conveying screw positioned at the bottom of the tank (patent pending).
The AFC enables process flexibility. It controls the filling ratio and the transfer speed in order to increase the residence time according to the recipes (higher than 3 minutes for fish feed). A higher residence time intensifies the pre-treatment of the raw material (pre-heat, pre-moist, pre-gelatinization).
- Improved heat transfer to the product with the combined action of the filling and steam distribution. You can raise the food product temperature to over 96°C (205°F) with optimized steam injection.
- The conveying screw simplifies cleaning operations as it allows you to empty the tank completely in a very short time. This feature is particularly useful for quick recipe changeovers.
- The new kinematic feature is adapted to simplify maintenance operations and allows the system to start up with a full tank, even after prolonged down time.
- Improved hygienic design that facilitates cleaning for food and feed processing applications.
Watch the video
Principle of operation
Equipped with two horizontal intermeshing counter-rotating shafts, the Preconditioner Plus blends the raw materials efficiently. The action of the shafts is reinforced by adjustable paddles, designed to process the product flow in an optimal way, in combination with the AFC (Advanced Filling Control). The new range of Preconditioner + (size 75L 4500L) is adapted to process a product flow from 100 to 23,000 kg (220 to 50,000 lbs) per hour of dry mix.