Clextral has long-standing experience and an international reputation in process engineering and in particular reactive extrusion for manufacturing intermediate chemicals. This technology is used in numerous applications : mineral (alumina-based catalyzer carriers), organic (devolatization and poly-condensation of phenolic resins, saponification) or macromolecular (polymer functionalizing).
Diverse and innovative applications
Several disciplines are involved in these fields of research: chemistry, material, process design and management, plastics manufacturing, etc. Clextral provides its expertise and facilities to enable its customers to carry out laboratory research and develop pre-industrial prototypes and pilot production runs, before the implementation of full-scale industrial processes.
The advantages of reactive twin-screw extrusion for chemical processing:
- Acceleration of reactive kinetics under the effect of temperature and pressure
- Process intensification thanks to the intimate contact between reacting species
- Reduction of the quantities of chemical reactants and reactions subproducts
- Confinement of reactions and use of small amounts of reactive materials, leading to more safety for operators and less risk foe the environment
- Higher productivity compared to conventional batch processing
- Consistent quality due to continuous processing and easy repeatability (parameter recording and archiving)
- Process flexibility with possibilities to process various raw materials