Clextral will sponsor the day 1 of the Food extrusion technology short course organized by the FIE in conjunction with Foodstream and the Institute of Life Technologies of the University of applied sciences & arts western Switzerland. This event will take place from June 28th to June 30th, between 8:15 and 16:45 (CET). This course will be presented in english and will be online only.
This course will talk about the principles of extrusion, the design of extrusion processes for human foods and how the formulation interacts with the extrusion process. It will cover :
- Principles of extruder configurations
- Role of rheology in extrusion
- Die types and effects, die design
- Extrusion chemistry – Recipe design
- Product density control
- Preconditioning for extrusion
- Causes and effects of extruder instability
- Screw, barrel and die-plate wear
- Extrusion troubleshooting
Registration will be closed on June 21
Clextral is specialized in the twin screw extrusion technology and other complementary or related technologies (drying, coating, coextrusion…). With this technology, you will have more consistency in production and control quality. Your productivity will increase thanks to a continuous processing. Our teams are working on developing new products and improving processes in our three research centers.
Our complete twin-screw processing systems are used in the food industry to make a wide range of products :
- Breakfast cereals
- Crispy flat breads
- Pre-cooked flours and cereal based baby food
- Porous powders
- Textured proteins and novel protein products
- Functional ingredients
- Encapsulated flavors
If you are interested, visit the event website to find more information and click here to register now.