Pulp for banknotes
Long fiber annual plants, such as cotton, hemp, flax and sisal enable the production of especially robust and sophisticated papers as they provide very resistant cellulose with exceptional strength. Twin-screw processing is ideal for making these paper pulps because it ensures consistent quality and specific features to achieve the distinctive “look-and-feel” that people expect. In addition, the extrusion process for banknotes makes it easier to include watermarks, security threads or chemical tracers at the papermaking phase to produce security banknotes that are difficult to counterfeit.
Clextral twin-screw process freatures
Clextral twin-screw pulp processing offers major advantages for making banknote paper:
- Very high quality papers with specific security and durability features
- Optimized pulp yield, through continuous processing
- Versatility in the use of non-wood raw materials
- Cost effective and environmentally-friendly manufacturing
- 10 to 15% reduction in energy consumption
- 10 to 30% decrease of chemicals and bleaching agents
- Reduced water consumption
- Compact turnkey installation, requiring less floor space and simplifying engineering requirements
Clextral Learn is the training program created by Clextral, find below one module to learn more about extrusion.
(click on the title)
We meet all your needs throughout the World.
Spare parts and upgrading
We ensure the maintenance of your equipment and maintain your productivity thanks to our production site based in France.
Support and technical assistance
Wherever you are, our teams are available to assist you, on site and remotely.
Personalized maintenance contract
Extrusion Service Program (ESP) is our personalized contract, complete and cost-effective solution to ensure the maintenance of your production lines.