Clextral is the undisputed world leader in turnkey couscous making machines. Its success is based on its unique industrial process, which replicates the traditional hand-made method for making couscous : mixing and rolling, steaming, gentle drying and careful sifting to produce regular grain sizes. Its unique expertise is based on process knowledge originally developed by Bassano, a pioneer in industrial couscous manufacturing in the 70’s. Since then, Clextral experts have continuously refined every component in the couscous production line, including its exclusive Rotante dryer, and they have built the highest capacity line ever commissioned, capable of producing up to 3600 kg/h.
How is couscous made ?
Semolina grains or flour are mixed with water and rolled in a rotary drum to form the grains of crude couscous. The couscous is then calibrated several times and brought to the steam cooker. At the cooker outlet, the couscous layer is separated through a lump breaker, dried in a Rotante rotary dryer, and the temperature is then reduced in a cooler. The final moisture content of the product is 12,5%. After cooling, the couscous is sent to a final sifter to separate the product according to granular size. Fine and medium couscous grains (the most popular sizes in the market) are then sent to a hopper to be stored and packed.
The world’s leading couscous production line
- Quality production, replicating hand-made product features that connoisseurs appreciate – perfect agglomeration, homogenous moisture, color and size
- Regularity, with full automation to guarantee product consistency
- Flexibility, with capacity varying from 500 kg/h to 3600 kg/h
- Versatility, with the ability to process a wide range of raw materials and produce variable granular dimensions, with reuse of products deemed too fine or too large in each batch
- Reliability, with robust components, built with the best materials
- End-to-end process control, based on over a half century of experience and innovation
- Custom-made design and installation, including training and support
- Sustainability, with optimized cooking and drying (Rotante technology) to generate energy and water savings, as well as cost-effectiveness