Ready-to-eat breakfast cereals: flexible twin-screw extrusion technology
Clextral twin-screw extrusion technology enables food processors to manufacture a vast choice of ready-to-eat cereals for breakfast and snacking:
- Directly expanded cereals, flakes, co-extruded products combinations
- Integration of various raw materials: white or yellow corn, wheat, rice, barley, oats, etc.
- New features, shapes, textures, colors, coatings and fillings
- Nutritional products enriched in fibers, vitamins and multiple cereals.
Clextral added value
Clextral introduced the production of ready-to-eat breakfast cereals with TSE technology in the 70’s. Since then, it has constantly developed its expertise and is a recognized leader in this field, with over 150 customers worldwide, including major global food processing groups and local leaders.
The twin-screw extrusion process: fast, simple, cost-effective
- Wide range of processing options for a variety of ingredients and raw materials
- Short production time
- Automated production systems for continuous and consistent production
- Flexible processes: fast startup, smooth changeover, easy cleaning
- Simple maintenance, easy cleaning
- Reduced floor space compared to conventional processes
- Support and training to optimize productivity and competitiveness
Clextral experts, in collaboration with food processing professionals, are constantly developing new solutions to manufacture a wider choice of ready-to-eat breakfast cereals which are also consumed for snacking.
A partner for the development of new products
Clextral offers expertise and facilities to enable clients to test new recipes and improve processing. Concepts, product design, laboratories for formulating recipes, prototyping, pre-industrial trials, ramp-ups can all be done independently and confidentially in our facilities in Firminy (France) and Tampa (Florida, USA). Clextral R&D also monitors consumption habits and lifestyle to anticipate on breakfast trends throughout the world and regularly proposes new product ideas to its customers.
Learn more about breakfast cereals production lines and flakes production lines
Did you know?
Worldwide demand for breakfast cereals is estimated at $30 billion and has been growing at a constant rate of 4-5% per annum over the last 10 years. Sign of the times, double-digit growth is quite frequent in many emerging countries, where consumers are increasingly looking for new and more convenient foods.