To date, Clextral and its industrial integration partners have installed over 100 fish feed manufacturing plants around the world including machines producing over 34 tons of pellets per hour. Clextral also works closely with research institutes in several countries to develop technology and recipes for aquaculture. With salmonids as the initial focus, R&D teams have in 40 years developed specific recipes for benthic and pelagic species: trout, turbot, cod, halibut, yellow tail, sea bass, sea bream, shrimps etc.
Turning feed into flesh
Clextral systems efficiently produce high-energy feed, with a precise balance of proteins, oils and carbohydrates, processed for optimum digestibility with reduced waste. Its systems produce the right formula that turn “feed into flesh” and are particularly suited for processing a wide selection of recipes and raw materials. Clextral processes also accurately control pellet density for specific product attributes, such as sinking or floating properties. Processors can manufacture a wide range of products that are adapted to the nutritional requirements of the animals, when required, and feed dimensions perfectly calibrated from 0.5 to 30.0 mm. Clextral technology also complies with the toughest environmental and quality requirements, maintaining water quality and breeding healthy animals, which in turn generates improved conversion ratios.
Clextral systems produce fish feed that is good for animal health, cost-effective and sustainable:
- Quality nutritional features – denaturing of proteins, gelatinization of starch, reduction of anti-nutriments, flavor enhancement, balanced protein/lipid complexes, increased digestibility, attractive texturing and shaping, controlled expansion and density, hygienic salmonella-free pellets
- Ingredient flexibility to process a large range of raw materials (fish flour, vegetable proteins, binders …) continuous processing, fast changeover times
- Full control of process parameters and automation to ensure consistent quality
- Precise shaping and feed dimensions calibrated from 0.5 to 30.0 mm
- Output range, from 25 to over 34,000 kg/h of finished products
- Intensified processing to reduce water and energy consumption
Clextral operates three test facilities, in Firminy – France, Tampa in the US and in Melbourne – Australia to develop and test new products collaboratively with its customers. Clextral is committed to expanding sustainable aquaculture to achieve enhanced food security and economic development worldwide. Extrusion technology is useful in reducing the level of anti-nutriments and for substitution of fishmeal with plant-derived feedstuffs.